Pastor Mike & Connie Hammer have a genuine passion for God, life and ministry, and they live it boldly! They approach everything they do as a team, whether it’s building a healthy marriage and family, working in the church office, or reaching out to others with a heart of love and compassion. With one, you get the other!
Mike and Connie met while attending North Central Bible School in Minneapolis, Minnesota, were married in 1990, and have three daughters, Victoria, Tiffany, and Madison.
It is their sincere desire to help others find the truth about who they are in Christ and defeat the lies of the enemy. They desire to see God move in supernatural power allowing the Holy Spirit to lead and direct all the ministries of Celebration. They believe you will find a visit to Celebration to be an unforgettable experience of passionate praise, authentic relationships, and inspirational teaching of God's Word.
Pastor Mike's ministry experience includes:
- 1986—Youth Pastor Internship in Wisconsin.
- 1988—Earned a Bachelor of Arts in Pastoral Studies with a minor in Biblical Languages from North Central Bible College; received credentials with the Assemblies of God, becoming licensed in 1988 and ordained in 2006; enrolled in Graduate courses at both Liberty University and Global University in pursuit of a Master of Arts in Counseling.
- 1988 to 2004—16 years as an Assemblies of God Evangelist, primarily traveling as a Marriage and Family Specialist in HomeFire Family Ministries, a national ministry.
- 2002 to present—developed and serves as co-director of Discovery Seminars (Spirutual Healing and Growth Weekend) in the greater Harrisburg area, having surpassed 1,000 participants.
- 2004 to 2006—directed a city-wide Single Adult Ministry, Crossfire.
- 2006 to present—Lead Pastor of Celebration Community Church in Dillsburg, Pennsylvania.
In addition to his ministry studies and experience, Pastor Mike joined the Army Reserves in 1982, received an Officer's commission in 1984, and attained rank of Captain before retiring in 2001. While in college, he was NCCAA Collegiate All-American in Basketball (1988).
Pastor Mike enjoys playing basketball, golfing, hunting and fishing, artistic painting, and songwriting. Some of his favorite things (not in any particular order): just being with his family, taking a cruise with his wife, wearing his John Deere cap and a flannel shirt, a whole pot of flavored coffee, sitting by the fire, his western boots, and watching the Green Bay Packers.
Pastor Mike and Connie look forward to the day they can meet you in person, call you by name, have a cup of coffee together, and most of all, encourage each other to connect with God at a deeper level.