We consider membership to be synonymous with involvement. It's all about moving beyond attending worship on Sunday and joining us in creating, funding and leading ministries.
We invite you to become a part of our spiritual family and join us on the most important and exciting journey you will ever take. We desire for you to Be connected . . and . . Be Fruitful.
Why do I need a spiritual family?
- I need healthy relationships
"Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work. If one falls down, his friend can help him. But pity the one who falls and has no on to help him up!" —Ecclesiastes 4:9-10
- I need a place where I can use my gifts.
"Do not neglect the gift that is in you, which was given to you." —1 Timothy 4:14
- I need a place where I can grow!
"They joined with the other believers and devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and fellowship, sharing in the breaking of bread and prayer." —Acts 2:42
- I need to belong to something bigger than myself.
"Just as each one of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others." —Romans 12:4-5
"Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another." —Hebrews 10:25
Why is membership important?
- It signifies one's willingness to support this ministry with their time, talents, and treasure, and to be held accountable to the values of CCC.
- It helps the staff identify the people we can trust to lead and care for others.
- It gives people who have demonstrated commitment to this particular body an opportunity to bring ideas and solutions to the table.
What does membership indicate?
- People who want to join the church seem to understand the paradigm shift of "What do I get?" to "What can I give?"
- Membership here is not just having your name on a list. Being a member indicates a willingness to partner and potentially lead with us in our mission to Be Connected . . . Be Fruitful.
What are the prerequisites to become a member?
- Have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Be 18 yrs. old. (Junior Membership may be considered at a later time)
- Have been water baptized after confession of faith.
- Are willing to support this ministry with time, talents, and treasure and are willing to be held accountable to the church in matters concerning relationship to God and to others.
- Be involved on a Strategic Service Team or in a Small Group.
What are Strategic Service Teams and Small Groups?
- Strategic Service Teams are groups of volunteers who serve within the church (greeters, ushers, café, childcare, youth ministry, skate park, sound/media, worship ministry, etc.). Volunteers are vital to Celebration and we look to them to facilitate and potentially lead the environments we have created to help lead people into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Small Groups are gatherings of 10-12 people who open God's Word together, pray together, grow together, hold each other accountable, care for, and experience being part of a family. We believe that life change happens best through these groups meet twice per month usually in homes.
How do I become a member of Celebration?
- Attend Celebration for a period of time to decide if this vision is one that you would like to embrace and become involved in.
- Attend Membership Class to find out more about Celebration and ask any questions that you may have.
- Sign the Membership Covenant after the Membership Class. Prior membership in an Assembly of God church will transfer upon request.
Do you want to know even more?